I don’t really know where this is going but welcome to Blogtober
October 1st falls on a Tuesday this year, so it’s my day off, and my days off usually consist of Primark bargains and reading in Caffe Nero, this Tuesday wasn’t much different.
I don’t know why but somehow free coffee was just radiating towards me today, I started the day with a trip to Ikea and before strolling around took a trip to the café for a coffee and a chapter of The subtle art of not giving a f*ck I’m determined to finish it this week as I haven’t read any of it in over a fortnight now and it’s actually really good, I just need to find time for it!
I usually pile my cart up high at Ikea but I can’t lie, my new local is not as good as any of the others i’ve been to. Their homeware and candle selection was poor and that’s always my favourite part.
Costa Coffee had an offer on today of free coffees at all of their express machines…I passed about 6… I decided to try drinks I wouldn’t usually go for such as caramel chocolate and gingerbread lattes, it’s safe to say there’s a reason I don’t usually opt for these, but they weren’t all bad, I just hate milk with a passion but the caramel chocolate was definitely the nicest.
I then had my usual stop at Caffe Nero, it’s routine at this point on my day off, and their Soya Hot Chocolate is absolutely to die for! I managed to sneak in another chapter of reading here and spent a good portion of time actually planning Blogtober so I’m not just writing about the copious amounts of coffee and other hot drinks I have each day! I don’t usually get in the Autumn/Halloween spirit but somehow Blogtober has got me very excited for it and I am now on a mission to theme my home to Autumn decorations, so decorative pumpkins where are you hiding? Because I can only find cheap plastic ones, not the nice ones everyone else seems to get!
- Get in the autumn spirit! Christmas spirit is around every year so why not make every season different. I’d love to decorate my flat and have different Autumn themes.
- The Haunting of Hill House – I wanted to watch this last year but never got around to it and I’ve heard such good things so this is a must this month.
- Read a horror book – I am thinking potentially The Shining, but I’d love to hear your suggestions! Maybe even a selection of shorts as I don’t have a lot of time these days. Leave your suggestions in the comments below.
- Halloween Week – Watch a horror movie every night this week
- Big Halloween Night Out – This month I am working towards a fun Halloween night out! I NEVER get into the Halloween spirit, never dress up, i’ll usually go out for drinks but it’s so half-assed that this year I am so focused on having fun and dressing up. Going all out this year!
What are your goals for October?
Do you blog? If so are you doing Blogtober and is it all planned or are you doing it impromptu? I’m definitely a mix of both as you can tell from this mess of a post.